Monday, August 31, 2009

POTTED PLANTS

I stand on the balcony of this sixth floor apartment
My little oasis - with a few potted plants
And a creeper that goes up a PVC pole.

I can read the yearning of these leaves
As they stretch out to embrace a sheet of bare sky
The blessing that comes between the concrete giants.

Floating clouds and flapping wings
Soft and amber hues of sunset
Air that throbs with music and fragrance
The feel of grass under the feet
The ring of rippling water in the ears
The taste of nature in every breath
Are all that I left behind
When they pulled me out and put me in this concrete pot.

I am showered with the water of love
And offered the best that life could afford
But I stand amidst these potted plants
Beaming with all the colours of spring
I share with them the pain and loss
Of amputated roots elsewhere.

No comments:

Post a Comment