Monday, August 31, 2009

THE LONE BIRD

There is a secret bond between us
The lone bird and me.

She chirps me up in the mornings
From the mulberry branch by my window
Sometimes she pecks in the lawn
With her mate all concern for her
But I sense in her slight steps
The burden of a boredom.

She looks at me with fearless eyes
Which speaks to me of distant dreams.

In the evenings against the setting sun
As she floats across the sky
A black dot among her friends
I can spot her as the odd one out.
Even as she sweeps and swoops
Her wings in rhythm with the others
I know she does it with her soul apart.

At dawn, day or dusk
I see her daily without fail
And in her silence I read the message
Of a solitude that stirs the strings
Of the loneliness I share with her.

My loneliness is my constant companion
It fills my heart and soul
Sometimes even runs through my veins
And shrouds me aloof from all company.

It rings in my laughter
And echoes in my deeds
Like the lone bird I flit and float
With the secret solitude in my soul.

No comments:

Post a Comment