Monday, August 31, 2009

MY KINGDOM

I sat beside the dreamy stream
The dawn was melting into day
And the world around seemed gay.

The birds with joy began their choir
From up the trees and down the lawn
The leaves with breeze played gleefully
Making shadows on the grass.

A butterfly came fluttering by
There were rainbows on its wings
It came waltzing in the sunlight
And whispered to a rose.
The flower blushed and shed a drop
A dew of perfect happiness.

My heart alone felt out of place
But then I heard my love afar
Singing through the fields he came
On his lips a smile of silent bliss
In his eyes a look of tender love.

He came to me, my eyes met his
There to see another world
With the blue above and green below
The grass and the roses and the butterflies
But there - I was queen of all.

November 1967

No comments:

Post a Comment