Monday, August 31, 2009

OUTSIDE ROOM NO.56

Everytime I stand here
In the embrace of the breeze
I feel on top of the world
And my heart overflows
With a joy and wonder afresh.

At the utmost fringes of my sight
The dim blue hills touch the skies
Tumbling clouds in bundles
Waltz away in the wind
Along the vast blue floor.

Tree tops beckon in every shade of green
Splendid spreads of sparkling hues in between
In humble pride they give way
To random steeples of iron and steel.

Beneath the leafy canopy
The entertainment of life goes on
In harmony and in discord
Man, beast and butterfly
Each its royal role enacts
In agony and in ecstasy.

It is just a patch of wonder
From the Great Painter’s canvas
And as I see the lone bird
Scanning the space with silver wings
My spirit flutters too
Like a bird against its bars
To sail out and soar to heights
And throb and breathe with the mighty.

[Inspired by the sight outside room no.56 on the top floor of the new wing at B.C.M College.]

No comments:

Post a Comment